1024 x 768 Viewport
IE 5.5 or better
Welcome to Quality Bass Club's Website
The 2016 Season is sure to be another fun & exciting year in Quality
Bass Club. If you are looking to join a Bass Club, please click on
the "New Member Info" link on the left to find out more about our
Next Club Meeting & Tournament :
- Club Meeting: Tuesday, August 1st, 7:00PM, Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at the Rim (upstairs conference room).
- Next Tournament: Amistad, August 13th and 14th
- Tournament Times: TBA
- 2016 Fund Raiser: Quality Bass Club will not hold a fish fry this year, however, we will have a raffle for a 55" TV, Yeti cooler or Apple iPad with a limited number (400) tickets sold for $10 each. This gives raffle ticket purchasers a 1 in 400 chance to win. The drawing will be held in conjunction with a silent auction event on August 20th at My House Lounge on Culebra Road. Club members can download a "beg letter" to solicit support from local merchants.
- Texas B.A.S.S. Nation State Championship: QBC Top Six anglers participated in the 2016 State Championship February 25th - February 28th on Lake Amistad. Club member Ken Piere qualified as the South Region representative to the regional tournament on Lake Guntersville, Alabama. Club members Mike Robbins and Bob Meder will also go to Guntersville by qualifying via the Texas B.A.S.S. Nation South Region championship tournament. See State Results.
- Community Service Project: QBC is joining forces with the Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District (BCRAGD) in an effort to restore Medina Lake to a viable fishing habitat. Save Medina Lake is another strong supporter.
- Meeting Change: Note that the club voted in 2015 to change the meeting from the second Tuesday of the month to the first Tuesday of the month. The location will be Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World at the Rim upstairs in the conference room.
- QBC Top 6 Team 2015 State Tournament Results: Finished 20th. See results on the Texas Bass Federation Nation website.
- Zebra Mussel Rules Now Expanded Statewide. The Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission has approved a new regulation requiring that all boats operating on public fresh water anywhere in Texas be drained before leaving or approaching a lake or river to help combat the further spread of zebra mussels and other invasive species. See more information here and on the TPWD website.
- Club Record Big Bass: Ruben Arevalos caught a club
record 11.97# on Falcon Lake February 19, 2012. See Picture.
- Club Record One Day and Two Day Heavy Stringers: Trevor
Rogge captured the club record one day and two day heavy stringers. See archive page.
- Quality Bass Club granted tax exemption: The Internal
Revenue Service determined QBC meets tax exempt status under code 501(c)(7)
as a Sports and Recreation organization. See letter.
- Remember, boat insurance is everyone's responsibility. Please keep your
- Effective January 2008, Mexico boat permits are no longer
required. See story
- 1988-2013 Quality Bass Club celebrated twenty-five years.
- Annual Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction: August
22th, 2015. Thanks to all participants and sponsors/supporters
for another great event. We raised almost $1800. Club members, please download a Thank You letter to send to your
- Fisher House Volunteers' Picnic: May
2nd, 2015. We prepared and served a picnic lunch for Fisher House Volunteers and Residents and organized events for the youngsters. See pictures.
- Fisher House Volunteer Appreciation Event: On Saturday, November 23rd, 2013, Quality Bass Club put on a barbeque lunch of burgers and dogs and all the fixins for the occupants of the Fisher House facilities on Joint Base San Antonio, Lackland and for the wonderful voluteers who make it possible for these facilities to operate smoothly. See pictures and thank you letter.
- Annual Fish Fry, Raffle and Auction: August
23rd, 2014. Thanks to all participants, sponsors and supporters
for another great event. We raised over $3000. Club members, please download a Thank You letter to send to your
- Fishing for Freedom IX: October 13th,
2012. Another successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See
results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VIII: October 15th, 2011. Another wonderful
successful event, thanks to all sponsors and supporters. See results and pictures.
- Fishing for Freedom VII: Again, thanks to our
wonderful sponsors and supporters for making the wounded soldiers' day of
fishing and comraderie
a day they'll remember. See Results and
- Fishing for Freedom VI: October 17th,
2009. Another successful event thanks to the
Army Bass Anglers, volunteer boaters, Brian cooking at the Calliham Store
and all the Quality Bass Club members who pitched in, including everyone
else who helped. See
results and pictures. Read the Defense
Media Agency article.