Welcome to Quality Bass Club's Website
The 2021 season is sure to be another fun and exciting year in Quality
Bass Club. If you are looking to join a Bass Club, please click on
the "New Member Info" navigation button on the left to find out more about our
Next Club Meeting & Tournament :
- Club Meeting: August 3rd, 7:00PM, Bexar County Medical Society, 4334 N Loop 1604 W (between Lockhill and NW Military on 1604 access road eastbound - upstairs in the conference room). Don't forget your mask.
- Next Tournament: Choke Canyon, August 7th and 8th
- Tournament Times: TBA
- 2021 Catch A Special Thrill (C.A.S.T.) for Kids: Quality Bass Club, Texas Farm Bureau, Catch a Special Thrill (C.A.S.T.) For Kids, and Morgan's Wonderland held a CAST for Kids event 23 May 2021. Each child received a fishing rod and reel, tacklebox, T-shirt, ballcap, and a personalized plaque to remember their special day. This event was designed to provide children with special needs, ages 5-17, the opportunity to enjoy a quality outdoor recreational experience through the sport of fishing. See pictures.
- Kill Switch Law: The law requires that boat operators of a motor boat 26 feet or less in length be physically connected to a boat’s emergency shutoff switch. It went into effect on September 1, 2019.
- **New Club Record**: Falcon Lake produced the old big bass club record, and it produced the new club record. New club member Ken "Butch" Scarborough caught a 12.64 pound hawg on February 12th, 2017, to set the new QBC big bass club record. See photo.
- Club Record Big Bass: Ruben Arevalos caught a club
record 11.97# on Falcon Lake February 19, 2012. See photo.
- Club Record One Day and Two Day Heavy Stringers: Trevor
Rogge captured the club record one day and two day heavy stringers. See archive page.
- Quality Bass Club granted tax exemption: The Internal
Revenue Service determined QBC meets tax exempt status under code 501(c)(7)
as a Sports and Recreation organization. See letter.
- Remember, boat insurance is everyone's responsibility. Please keep your
- Effective January 2008, Mexico boat permits are no longer
required. See story
- 1988-2018 Quality Bass Club celebrated thirty years.
- 2020 Annual Fundraiser Raffle: Winners of the raffle prizes drawn at the November club meeting were: Hector Hernandez - fishing rod; Warren Colwell- fishing trip; Stephen Brooks - SOL m4-patrol; Stephen Brooks - SOL m4 EXO; Jason Schneider - M4-76; Jason Hoch - hunting trip. Congrats to all winners and thank you to everyone who supported this fundraiser.
- 2020 Catch a Special Thrill (C.A.S.T.) for Kids Event: Unfortunately, due to the world situation and the unavailability of an event site, the 2020 CAST for Kids event was canceled. The club intends to hold its next CAST for Kids event in May 2021.
- 2019 Catch a Special Thrill (C.A.S.T.) for Kids Event: Quality Bass Club held a C.A.S.T. for Kids event at Morgan's Wonderland Wharf on Sunday, April 28, 2019, allowing young people to enjoy fishing and the wonderful outdoors. See pictures on our web site, pictures from C.A.S.T. for Kids and KENS5 video.
- 2018 Annual Fund Raiser: The club held a BBQ brisket plate sale, raffle and auction on August 25th, 2018, at the Somerset American Legion. Thanks to all who supported our event we raised $6349.00 of which 20% goes into our charity fund. Again, thanks to all who supported our annual fund raiser.
- 2018 Catch a Special Thrill (CAST) for Kids Event: Quality Bass Club and other South Texas BASS Nation clubs participated in the 2018 CAST event at Son Valley ranch on Saturday, October 20th, taking young people fishing so they can enjoy the wonderful outdoors. See pictures.